Today's Challenges - And a Solution!
Victor Hugo, the author of Les Miserables, said there is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come. It's more than a metaphor. If you step back from your every day activities and chatter, and reflect, you will discover that what you have thought about does tend to show up in both your every day life and business affairs. Understanding and applying this universal principal (or natural law) is a key requirement that underlies the answer to your ability to "deliver results".
Newton used the principle of cause and effect as it operates in the physical, mechanical world as the basis of his law of thermodynamics, "every action has an equal and opposite reaction". Your thoughts, what you choose to focus on, and how persistent you are, are the controlling factor in what you create in your life. Thinking does precede becoming and achieving.
This is a challenging principle. It means you are in control. You'll no longer have the luxury of blaming other people or external circumstances. The flip side? It means you have far more capacity to create the events and circumstances of your life then you ever imagined. The word entrepreneur derives from the French word that refers to the source of the event, the one who initiates. Building and growing a successful life and business requires a commitment to being a cause, not an effect.
You are responsible for your actions and you must practice creating the environment that will serve and deliver your future. Everything you could possibly need to build your life and business, all the tools, resources, capital, people, ideas, and expertise surrounds you today. It just has not been gathered and assembled.
In order to create a successful life, you need to start with the part nobody else sees. That seed is your Vision. This is the groundwork for every successful life that has ever been and ever will be. It's the power and precision of your idea. Want a great life? What you need to get good at is creating the seed of what you want with great precision. People too often begin by focusing on the "how", thinking that is where the answer lies. Yes, you'll need to focus on the "hows", but that is not where the answer lies. The real answer lies in the clarity and strength of your idea. The how always comes after the why.
People often think that lack of money is the reason they have been unsuccessful. "More capital" is rarely the answer. Financing is not hard to find -- if you have a compelling and clearly viable idea and a strategic plan for growth. The world around you is absolutely flooded with money, ready to flow toward you and nourish your sprouting business.
What are the steps that lead to a solution?
1. Clarity and Purpose Creating your dream will require you act with precision. Your vision must be clear in every detail. The power of focus is the crucial ingredient of clarity. Imagine you're outside on a sunny day, and you have in one hand a magnifying glass and in the other a dried oak leaf. Hold the magnifying glass at a certain angle that focuses the sun's rays onto the leaf, and what happens? The leaf catches fire and burns. That is the power of focus. The more you focus and clarify your vision the more you will harness the power that your thoughts will deliver."
2. Beliefs and Habits I am not talking about your faith or religious views. I am talking about your beliefs, your habits of thought, opinions, and attitude about the world around you; especially about your beliefs about yourself, your life, and your prospect for financial fulfillment. The biggest obstacle to most peoples' goals has nothing to do with any external conditions or factors. It is this: They don't believe it will happen or that it can be done. Here's the key. Your systems and procedures or "Habits" are thousands of times stronger than your beliefs. Why? Ninety-eight percent of your behaviors are automatic. That is why we set goals but don't reach them. Reaching your goals demands systems, procedures, repetition, and habit.
3. The Law of Action If all you do is sit around and visualize, the men in the overalls with the big trucks will come and take away your furniture. Unless you get up and get moving and do something it's not realistic to expect much to happen. The Quakers have an expression, "When you pray, move your feet." And another one, "If you're going to be praying for potatoes, you better have a hoe ready!" Be purposeful, patient, persistent, and most importantly, be active.
4. Will Successful business people tend to have a strong will. This is the essential quality embodied in the phrase "If it is to be, it is up to me!" Entrepreneurs don't wait for it to happen, they make it happen. If you are interested you will do what is convenient; but, if you are committed, you will do whatever it takes. Your will is the measure of the quality of your commitment.
5. Imagination Your capacity to imagine is your most powerful conscious gift. it is what people typically call Vision or Creativity. It's in your imagination where you will create your successful life. If you want to create your dream and build the most wonderful life for yourself then you need to get your head up there in the clouds, and exercise your imagination to its fullest capacity. Einstein put it well: "Imagination is more important than knowledge."
6. Passion Follow your passion. Don't choose a career field that you are not passionate about! All to often people don't believe they can follow their passion and still make enough money to achieve their goals and dreams. They settle, not because they want to, but because they simply don't believe they have choice. But you do! It's not easy and it will take discipline and work, and you will have to survive a lot of challenges. It's not about convenience or waiting for opportunity to knock on your door. The only way you are going to do whatever it takes is if you are in love with what you are doing."
7. The Power of Goals Goals are concrete and finite. They are mileposts along the road of life; purpose is the direction that the road takes. In business, many goals come down to numbers. Trying to lose weight or grow your business without a concrete number as a target is like saying you'll meet a friend, but neglecting to set a time or place for the meeting. How will either of you know where to go, or when? Without a clear set of numbers you're sure to get somewhere but who knows where?"
So what are you going to do? Being proactive is the best way. Some say the future cannot be predicted, I say, the way to predict your future is to create it.
About Our Law Firm
We provide peace of mind by creating and managing structures that allow you to grow and protect your business, legacy, and personal wealth. "Where you'll be tomorrow, depends on what you do today."
Lechner Law Office, P.C.
Law and Professional Center
Orland Hills, Illinois 60487-4623
Paul Lechner Esq., CPA
The Lechner Group, Ltd.
Business Advisory Services
The Lechner Group, Ltd. is a public accounting and business consulting firm focused on business counsel, transactional diligence, and tax advisory services. We add value to your business strategies by providing a combination of financial, audit, and tax expertise. Combined with legal services (which are provided separately by the Lechner Law Office, P.C.) we offer privately held business owners an attractive package of comprehensive services.
Find out more by calling Paul Lechner at 708.460.6686.